Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:39:13 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Peter Kok <cckok00@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware requirement for FreeBSD 4.3 installation

Peter Kok <cckok00@hotmail.com> types:
> I would like to set up a FreeBSD 4.3 with the following service:
> Apache
> MySQL
> Sambra
> Routing function
>
> Is the following PC configuration sufficient for the installation?
> Pentium 75, 16MB RAM, 2GB HDD

I'm not familiar with Samba, so I'm not sure how that will do.

Apache shouldn't be a problem, but that will depend on what you're
doing with it. If you're mostly serving static pages and talking to
the database, Apache should be fine.

On the other hand, if you're going to be doing even moderate lifting
with the database, you'll want more memory. If the web server is going
to be generating lots of pages from data in the database server, you
need to make the database server happy. The web server should be just
fine running "between the cracks" of the database server.

	<mike