Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 00:26:28 -0500
From:      "Joe Gleason" <clash@fireduck.com>
To:        "John" <warendaj@home.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Not so much a question ...

This should probably be in ports as well....

This brings up several questions:

1) Do any ports have dependencies that they don't really need?  If so, is
there a plan to work on this?

2) Should there be a function to list dependencies and recursive
dependencies of a port?  Is there one already?  That way a person could see
what was involved before deciding to install a port.  Something like 'make
showdepends' would be really cool.

I could probably make a shell script that does 2, but I dont know who I
would give it to.

In answer to your question of how to gracefully abort a 'make install',
generally Ctrl+C and then 'make clean'.  While make clean wont delete any
dependencies already installed, it will clean up working files in them all.

Joe Gleason