Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:46:40 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
Subject:   Re: .desktop file and icon

On Tuesday 24 June 2008, Danny Pansters said:
> I have an app (kbtv2) that I want to get committed to ports soon.
>
> Where do I put the .desktop file and icon (or I'll just refer to
> the latter through absolute path) so that it gets picked up by the
> various desktop environments (prefix/share/applications/foo.desktop
> does not seem to work here in kde3)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Try prefix/share/applications/kde/foo.desktop or enable it manually
through the kde settings.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html