Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:34:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg Skouby <gskouby@ns0.sitesnow.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   unable to mount root: please help!

Hello,
	I am installing FreeBSD 3.3 on IBM netfinity.
	I have an interntal SCSI disk of 9 gigs. It is bios disk1 but it
showed up in the FreeBSD install as da4 so that is where I installed it
to. It showed up as da4 because there are 4 23 gig scsi disks attached to
the box via the external scsi.  So, the freebsd is on bios disk1 but it is
called da4 inside of freebsd. The root partition is on disk1s1a, however,
when it goes to boot it says "changing root device to da0a" which promptly
follows up to "cannot mount root". How do I get it to boot off of
disk1s1a, and therefore mount root as da4a? Thank you very much.