Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 05:18:36 GMT
From:      "E TiE" <e_tie@hotmail.com>
To:        sbcorey@azstarnet.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printing problems with GV/Ghostview

>What type of printer do you have?
>What does your filter look like?
>Have you every been successful in printing to this printer before?
>Is GV configured?
>Is your printcap file configured?
>Need More Info......

The printer type is: a networked HP LaserJet 5M
Other programs like Netscape print fine to it.
I do not have a filter in place, is one really necessary if the rest of the
programs have been printing fine? (BTW, The same version of GV/Ghostview on
my RedHat 6 Linux partition prints fine without a filter: the same config as
my FreeBSD partition).
I haven't configured GV beyond installing it from /stand/sysinstall.
My printcap is as follows:

lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :rm=acturas.emwp.com:\
        :rp=oper-02-ps:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

I have FreeBSD 3.3 RELEASE and GV ver. 3.5.8
Thanks for your help.