Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:28:04 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org, eivind@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Updated dialog-based config patches

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

Eivind posted some patches a few months ago that implemented a
dialog-based configuration interface to set the WITH_*/WITHOUT_*
variables in ports.  I reworked his patches to implement persistent
storage of options as well as using a makefile variable to store the
list of options (instead of a separate file).

There's only one bug I'm aware of, involving reconstructing the list
of options with saved default values, and passing the reconstructed
list to dialog (this is the 'sed s, ,_,g' thing that shows up in the
option descriptions).  Probably there's a way to fix this, but I
couldn't see it today.

Here's the patch:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/bsd.port.mk-config.patch

Implemented targets:

make config
make showconfig
make rmconfig

I've only converted the gnupg and snort ports so far (ports can be
converted incrementally).

Kris

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o--