Date:      Fri, 08 Oct 1999 22:21:32 -0700
From:      whitehat@home.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   total lag

Now I have yet another obstacle.  For some reason, KDE is INSANELY slow,
and so does every other WM i've tried.  It takes 3 min for netscape to
load, and the machine is grinding like crazy...its working way to hard.
Will it help if I increase my Swap size? right now its 98 MB, and my RAM
is 48MB (so the swap file is rougly two times my RAM, as recommended).
Or, mabye increase my root partition (which is currently set at 30MB).
Or, mabye its the fact that I didnt
make a /proc partition...here is my current system setup (might help
you)

Filesystem      1K-blocks       Used    Avail   Capacity        Mount

/dev/wd0s2a     29751           22932   4439    84%             /
/dev/wd0s2e     595383          286406  261317  52%             /usr
procfs          4               4       0       100%            /proc

Mabye I should create a /proc partition..for some reason FreeBSD
automaticly made that "procfs" entry, perhaps thats whats slowing my
whole system down.  Any ideas?