Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:57:35 +0100
From:      Peter Harrison <peter.piggybox@virgin.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nanobsd not booting...

I need some help with Nanobsd. I've built an image for testing purposes with the sample conf file from the howto, and using the generic kernel config. The build runs without errors.

After dd'ing the image to a usb stick, I can mount the partitions and see the contents (.COPYRIGHT file and root directory for instance), fdisk shows partition 1 marked active. But the stick won't boot - the machine in question definitely supports usb boot (it boots the 8.0-RELEASE image off the same usb stick without problem).

It POSTs fine, then says "Verifying DMI pool data..."

And then I just get a flashing underscore.

Any thoughts as to what I've done wrong and how to fix it?

TIA

Peter.