Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:19:51 -0500
From:      Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mounting smbfs

Familiar with Webmin way of mounting smbfs type file systems on our
Linux boxes, I tried it with one of the FreeBSD 5.3 machines. It works
fine, but when rebooted, it sits waiting for a password. After
investigating a bit on the web I found that FreeBSD is uses the
/etc/nsmb.conf file for configuration and in that file I find
information evidently setup by Webmin, for example:

[spc2k:backupexec:backup]
workgroup=SPCLOCAL
password=xxxxxxxxx
addr=192.168.1.13

First, was this properly setup by Webmin? From the comments in the file,
it looks good. Since I am at a remote location, I had someone locally
just hit Ctrl+C during boot to get back in and look at these things. I
go to Webmin and click to mount, but then it wipes out all the mount
points except the one I clicked and does not mount that one. From
looking around the web, I realize Webmin may not be the best way to
manage this, I found this document:

I am looking for something that can guide me on how to make the entries
in my fstab file. I assume what I have now below is incorrect as the
boot up fails as previously mentioned.

//backupexec@spc2k/backup  /home/backup/Veritas/SPC2K  smbfs  rw  0  0

Can someone help or guide me to some more documentation on this?

--
Robert
           ^                                               ^
          / \    Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.com>    \
         /   \   WebTent Networking, Inc.  www.webtent.com   \
        /     \                                               \
       / \\|// \      Office:     813-286-6502                 \
      / \\\|/// \     Fax:        813-281-2077                  \
     / \\ ~ ~ // \    Non-Local:  1-888-WEBTENT                  \
   / oOOo~(_)~oOOo \   "All your Internet needs under one tent"    \
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is intended only for the use of the
that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you have received this communication in error, please
do not distribute it. Please notify the sender by replying to this message
and delete the original message.  Thank you.