Date:      25 Oct 96 00:05:48 -0500
From:      "Greg Arsenault" <greg@beacondesign.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   port make fails: Imake.tmpl: No such file or dir

--Cyberdog-AltBoundary-00011DAE

Can someone please tell me what I have config'd incorrectly ?
I'm fairly novice at reading  Makefiles, so the deeply nested Makefile
code found in /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk is making my head spin....

When trying to 'make install' a large number of different ports, most
of them are dying with the following messages during the Configure
phase:
=3D=3D>Configuring for [portname-version]
mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
Imakefile.c:3: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 33. Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
Does this mean imake is looking for a directory named
'/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config' ? (That seems to be what the manpage for
imake implies.)  My system has no such 'config' subdir in the X11
directory.  Where is the Make process formulating this name; and,
should I really have such a config directory.

The most curious thing is that I was able to SUCCESSFULLY Make the
BASH shell port using its Makefile (although that is the only port
which didn't die in the Configure phase with the message seen above).

Any help would be most appreciated.

	mailto:greg@beacondesign.com

--Cyberdog-AltBoundary-00011DAE

--Cyberdog-MixedBoundary-00011DAE

<X-FONTSIZE><PARAM>12</PARAM><FONTFAMILY><PARAM>Geneva</PARAM>Can
[...]

</FONTFAMILY></X-FONTSIZE>
--Cyberdog-MixedBoundary-00011DAE

bWFpbHRvOmdyZWdAYmVhY29uZGVzaWduLmNvbQ==