Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:06:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Coder <dacoder@dcoder.com>
To:        Greg Lynn <dglynn@vaview5.vavu.vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio problems on 3.2

I don't believe your mouse is on the first com port.  If it were, the output
of "moused -i all -p /dev/cuaa0" would be "device busy."  The message you got
is generated when there is nothing on the device at all.  Check whether it
isn't on the second com port.

dc
_____________________
David Coder
SysAdmin
WebHosting
Verio.com
703-749-7955 x1314

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Greg Lynn wrote:

> I posted the other day about sio problems and
> it seems that I'm still having trouble.  Below
> is various output for sio (cuaa0).  I'm trying to
> get the darn mouse to work ( to get X up and be done
> with it!)  but I'm running into problems.  For one,
> I can't seem to debug this problem so if ANYONE knows
> what I can do at the kernel level to produce a more
> detailed message please let me know.
>
> The problem is that moused doesn't seem to work
> on cuaa0.  I've looked in /etc/ttys to see if any getty
> is on sio0 (in/out) and there doesn't seem to be.  Is
> there any thing else I can check that would be locked
> on that port?  I haven't installed any progs that use
> that port and are loaded up from an rc file.  One
> interesting thing from the output of the command:
>
> moused -i all -p /dev/cuaa0:
>
> moused: cannot determine mouse type on /dev/cuaa0
> /dev/cuaa0 unknown unknown generic
>
> dmesg:
>
> sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
> sio0: type 16550A
> sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
> sio1: type 16550A
>
> kernel config:
>
> device         sio0 at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4
> device         sio1 at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3
>
> stty -a < /dev/cuaa0:
>
> speed 1200 baud; 0 rows; 0 columns;
> lflags: -icanon -isig -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoke -echonl
>         -echoctl -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho -pendin
>         -nokerninfo -extproc
> iflags: -istrip -icrnl -inlcr -igncr -ixon -ixoff -ixany -imaxbel ignbrk
>         -brkint -inpck ignpar -parmrk
> oflags: -opost -onlcr -oxtabs
> cflags: cread cs7 -parenb -parodd hupcl clocal -cstopb -crtscts -dsrflow
>         -dtrflow -mdmbuf
> cchars: discard = ^O; dsusp = ^Y; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
>         eol2 = <undef>; erase = ^?; intr = ^C; kill = ^U; lnext = ^V;
>         min = 1; quit = ^\; reprint = ^R; start = ^Q; status = ^T;
>         stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; time = 0; werase = ^W;
>
> -thanks, Greg

dc
David Coder
SysAdmin