Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:53:02 -0700
From:      K Anderson <freebsduser@comcast.net>
To:        Charles Howse <chowse@charter.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Copying and pasting text w/ mouse

Charles Howse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE, no gui.
>
> In Linux, I can left-drag to select text in the console, then
> right-click to paste it to the command line.
> My FreeBSD Unleashed book says the mouse can be configured to copy and
> paste from the console in FreeBSD, but darned if I can figure out how to
> do it.
>
> I've used sysinstall to configure the mouse, I get a Windows-style mouse
> pointer, I can select text by dragging, but can't paste.
>
> Is there a magic word (Abra-ca-dabra!) one has to mumble to paste in the
> console?
>

> Thanks,
> Charles
Hi there,

I have a Logitech trackman marble + (two buttons and a third that is
also the wheel) and I just left-drag then middle button (the wheel)
click. You might have the same thing if you have a wheel on yours if not
then you should be able to press both buttons (left & right) if you are
using 3rd button emulation and that should do it for you.

HTH