Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:54:27 +0100
From:      Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.0-RC1: X server crash

(This is the last of my current batch of 5.0-RC1 problems.)

Yeah, I know, X server problems ought to be reported to the XFree
maintainers.  Is there any interest for details of it here?

The synopsis:  The X server crashes under 5.0-RC1 where it runs fine
with the exact same configuration under 4.7-RELEASE.  It says

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 10.  Server aborting

and then dmesg output says it dies with signal 6 and dumping core.
But I can't find any core dump lying around anywhere.  I'll forward
XFree86.0.log and config files if anybody here wants them, but in the
interest of keeping unwanted list traffic down, I'll lay low until
anybody requests this data.

I'll include this line though:

(--) PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Radeon Mobility M7 LW rev 0, Mem @ 0xe0000000/27, 0xfcff0000/16, I/O @ 0xc000/8

The machine is a Dell Inspiron 4150.