Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Garcia <bear@buug.homeip.net>
To:        David Leimbach <leimbacd@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: xterm-color (2nd posting)

The way I do it is via the .Xdefaults file.  Here's a sample of my
.Xdefaults file:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!               XTERM               !
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xterm*termName:         xterm-color
xterm*scrollBar:        False
xterm*cursorColor:      yellow
xterm*foreground:       white
xterm*background:       black

That first line starting with xterm sets the terminal variable to
xterm-color.  The other stuff does other configuration to xterm. Take a
look at the xterm manpage.  I know it's very long and confusing, but it
does have some intersting information.  Don't be to intimidated by it, it
took me a few times through it to comprehend it all.

Joey