Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 11:32:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      chad@anasazi.com (Chad R. Larson)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: 2.2-GAMMA is released

Forwarded message:
> To: announce@freebsd.org
> Subject: 2.2-GAMMA is released.
> Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 09:11:19 -0800
> From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
>
> The final pre-release version of FreeBSD 2.2 is now available from:
>
> 	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2-GAMMA
>
> This release, modulo any final bug fixes, is what will be released as
> FreeBSD 2.2R at the end of February, the length of this GAMMA testing
> cycle being approximately 20 days.

Could someone please tell me the process (and timing) whereby 2.2R
migrates to "stable"?

If I keep tracking the stable tree with occasional SUP/make passes, does
my machine magically become a 2.2 somewhere along the line?

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                          Brother, can you paradigm?
602-870-3330    chad@anasazi.com     chad@anasaz.UUCP      chad@dcfinc.com