Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:31:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   make deinstall bug

Hi all,

It seems that Filenames with Spaces " " and some special
chars are not handled properly by the pkg_delete or
make deinstall:

pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
'/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/dir
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
'/usr/local/with'
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
'/usr/local/spaces'

This filename should be "/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/dir with spaces"

This is just an example. OpenOffice installs about 4-5 problematic
files ...

If I add "" to the filename during the pkg_plist generation I get
for all files and dirs:

pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
'/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/help/en'
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
'/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/help'
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory '/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0'

and of course still the same "dir with spaces" error as above.

It looks to me like a bug in

/usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/delete/perform.c

What is the proper ways to deal with this ? Does anybody knows a workaround ?

Martin

Martin Blapp, <mb@imp.ch> <mbr@FreeBSD.org>
ImproWare AG, UNIXSP & ISP, Zurlindenstrasse 29, 4133 Pratteln, CH
Phone: +41 061 826 93 00: +41 61 826 93 01
PGP: <finger -l mbr@freebsd.org>
PGP Fingerprint: B434 53FC C87C FE7B 0A18 B84C 8686 EF22 D300 551E