Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:10:55 -0400
From:      Ed Budd <ebudd@grokking.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mozilla and courier-imap

Richard Coleman wrote:
> I'm using the most recent ports for mozilla and courier-imap on an
> up-to-date FreeBSD-stable.  Very often I will not see new messages in a
> folder until I restart mozilla.  I was convinced it was mozilla that was
> broken, but I've seen similar behavior using Thunderbird on my Windows
> box.  Now I'm not so sure.
>
> Anyone else seen this?

How are messages being routed to folders? If you're using some kind of
server-side filtering make sure the box is checked that says "check this
folder for new messages" in the properties of each folder. If the only
filtering is through the user-configured rules in mozilla/thunderbird
then everything gets delivered to the INBOX (or whatever is set up as
imap root folder) and then filtered/routed to other folders AFTER the
client is opened/started.

IOW this may be normal behaviour, not a broken client.

> What is another decent IMAP client in ports?

IMHO thunderbird is one of the best for graphical imap clients - lean
but featureful at the same time. I like Sylpheed as well.

Hope that helps