Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 15:26:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        Brian McGroarty <BMCGROARTY@high-voltage.com>
Cc:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>, freebsd-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE:  Re: Marketing FreeBSD / FreeBSD as a pr

Not sure whether anyone's brought this up yet, but...

I don't think the presence of the daemon will affect usage.  Linux has a
penguin, and similar logos are present for each of the various
distributions.

It might help, but I don't think you'll ever get a consensus to ditch the
daemon.  It's a part of the BSD heritage.

SB