Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 06:34:39 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: enabling more ttys... i cant get it!

MIS Admin Team <root@mercury.morphedis.com> wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > I recompiled kernel and rebooted, came up just fine
 > cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV pty7, it makes ttyR* and ttyS*

Well, MAKEDEV pty7 will only make the _last_ 32 of 256
device entries, if I'm not mistaken.  Try this one:

   cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV pty1 pty2 pty3 pty4 pty5 pty6 pty7

That should make _all_ of the 256 entries.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)