Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 18:05:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Q <q@telus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: arplooup

> Thank you.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix it.  I tried everything i could think of with
> in rc.config
>
> my isp requested me to have DHCP to be able to get on the net
> and with that i don't have static ip so i have to ifconfig_alisas to get the
> ip i want cuz im running a ns server

I'm not sure but if you're using DHCP you may want to check the manpages
and find a better way to do whatever you're doing, or see if you can
manually set the netmask. When I was running dhcp on campus in the dorms
there, I didn't have a problem, all I did was set the ifconfig_de0 (de0
should be replaced with whatever your ethernet card is) to this:

ifconfig_de0="DHCP"

that's all I had to do, and it worked fine.

Ken