Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:28:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
To:        Alex Pilosov <alex@pilosoft.com>
Cc:        "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP intercept?

In light of this, I would say that it would be cool to put into the ipfw
or ipf code seeing as how there are already hooks into the network stack
in the code.  I am not sure how people will take the ipfw implementation
soley because I know there was alot of "hacking" being done to it in the
recent months (??).  Im also not sure how well Darren would take the code
written if it was done for ipf.

Otherwise, you'll have to add some more hooks into the stack code
(tcp_{input,output}.c and perhaps others) and then handle it that way.

Im not really familiar with how (un)successful TCP intercept has been with
Cisco, but I would find that as a cool option :-)

Take it easy,

Andrew