Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:11:48 +1000 (EST)
From:      Iain Templeton <iaint@css.tuu.utas.edu.au>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: US Immigration (was: Funny, but true...)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, John Birrell wrote:

> James wrote:
> > Maybe Australia is planning an invasion for July 4th.  We had better watch
> > who they are sending here.
>
> Not this year, I'm afraid, and a little disappointed because it would
> give CNN something funny to report. I can just imagine our Navy trying
> to remember who has the keys to start the boat (we only have one), and
> then turning up a bit late on the beaches of California and trying to
> get anybody to take them seriously.

What was it that someone (Bronwyn Bishop[1]) I think said? The new
frigates were out of date, the Collins Class submarines beset with
technical difficulties, and our landing boat just wouldn't work. Perhaps
we need to get Bob Clifford to build some more cats[2], we may at least
then be able to get there quickly.

> We can't really afford to invade now anyway with our dollar in it's
> current state. We think we have the solution to this: we'll become a
> third world country so the World Bank gives us billions of your dollars
> (since ours are no good), then we'll come and invade. OK?

Or we could just give guns to all the people who voted for One Nation on
Saturday, and tell them that the American Wheat subsidies are killing the
country.[Iain runs and hides]

Iain

[1] Minister for Defense Personel or somesuch
[2] Apparently the US military may have been interested in them for
    equipment carrying.[3]
[3] As you can see by the footnotes, I've been reading too much
    rec.humor.oracle.d recently (but not alt.sysadmin.recovery)