Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 19:04:46 +0200
From:      Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
To:        Warner Joseph <Joseph.Warner@siemens.com>, "'FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org'" <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Backing Up FreeBSD with ArcServe

On Thursday 02 May 2002 6:09 pm, Warner Joseph wrote:
> Is there anyone out there using ARCserve to backup FreeBSD?
>
> We have ARCserve running on a W2K server in conjunction with
> a Compaq DLT library system to get backups of all our W2K and
> NT servers.  I should be able to install an agent on our FreeBSD
> (4.5 -STABLE) server and get backups of it as well but I don't
> know which agent we need.
>
> If anyone is using ARCserve to backup their FreeBSD boxen, a
> response would be much appreciated.

could try the Microsoft Services for Unix product and nfs mount the freeb=
sd=20
box or use samba on the freebsd box  (which I have tested with using Back=
up=20
Exec) =20

whatever you choose to do....make sure you have a bootable disk / cd of s=
ome=20
variety for the 'bsd box so you can get it to the stage where you can=20
actually restore files!. Oh and actually test that you can restore files.