Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 23:37:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass)
Cc:        fjrm@yahoo.com (Francisco Reyes), chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: www.tucows.com messed up with BSD link

> Reminds me of what Borland said when I asked if they would
> port their Delphi compiler to FreeBSD. Their marketing
> manager replied, "Which distribution of Linux is that?"
>
> Alas, Borland has been more guilty than most of jumping
> on bandwagons and ignoring better opportunities. That's why
> they devoted all of their resources to Windows, and nearly
> lost the entire company by doing so.

Heh.

I remember when I found a grevious bug in their C library,
worked dilligently to create a fix, and then told them I
would trade the fix for a T-shirt.

They didn't want to part with the T-shirt, so I didn't part
with the fix; it cost me significantly more than a T-shirt
worth of time to fix the frigging thing...

Borland has always been a bit strange; for me to have the C
library and source and wherewithal to do the fix, I had to
have been using their tools a long time, been very familiar
with them, paid for the highest-end version of their tools,
and otherwise been a good customer of theirs.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.