Date:      Thu, 3 Nov 2016 06:48:59 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
Subject:   BPi-M3 (A83T based) under stable/11 -r308135: powerd? (cpufreq?)

https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Allwinner reports "yes" for =
"cpufreq / DVFS" for A83T (and A64 and H3).

But under stable/11 -r308135 powerd on a BPI-M3 (A83T) reports:

powerd: no cpufreq(4) support -- aborting: No such file or directory

sysctl -a does not seem to have the items for the subject area.

It leaves me wondering if trying -j 5 buildworld buildkernel all the way =
through would be safe on the BPI-M3 (heat sink and fan in use). I use =
such long running sustained activity for a stability test, among other =
things.

> # uname -apKU
> FreeBSD bpim3 11.0-STABLE FreeBSD 11.0-STABLE #1 r308135M: Tue Nov  1 =
22:07:22 PDT 2016     =
markmi@FreeBSDx64:/usr/obj/bpim3_clang/arm.armv6/usr/src/sys/BPIM3-NODBG =
 arm armv6 1100506 1100506

As far as BPIM3-NODBG goes for my context:

include "ALLWINNER"

ident   BPIM3-NODBG

makeoptions     DEBUG=3D-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) =
debug symbols

options         ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER

options         KDB                     # Enable kernel debugger support

# For minimum debugger support (stable branch) use:
options         KDB_TRACE               # Print a stack trace for a =
panic
options         DDB                     # Enable the kernel debugger

# Extra stuff:
#options        VERBOSE_SYSINIT         # Enable verbose sysinit =
messages
#options        BOOTVERBOSE=3D1
#options        BOOTHOWTO=3DRB_VERBOSE
#options        KTR
#options        KTR_MASK=3DKTR_TRAP
##options       KTR_CPUMASK=3D0xF
#options        KTR_VERBOSE

# Disable any extra checking for. . .
nooptions       DEADLKRES               # Enable the deadlock resolver
nooptions       INVARIANTS              # Enable calls of extra sanity =
checking
nooptions       INVARIANT_SUPPORT       # Extra sanity checks of =
internal structures, required by INVARIANTS
nooptions       WITNESS                 # Enable checks to detect =
deadlocks and cycles
nooptions       WITNESS_SKIPSPIN        # Don't run witness on spinlocks =
for speed
nooptions       DIAGNOSTIC
nooptions       MALLOC_DEBUG_MAXZONES   # Separate malloc(9) zones

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net