Date:      10 Sep 1999 12:27:54 -0700
From:      wwoods@cybcon.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   CPU upgrade

I am currently running a Dual PP200 system with 128meg memory and am looking to upgrade the processors. What would you reccomend in the ay of fairly inexpensive processors? I was looking at the AMD line, mabe a k6-350, what do you think. Are these the same socket and voltage set up?

Also, what would I need to do after the CPU upgrade? Recompile the kernel, or? I would think I would be able to just drop in the new processors and boot up right?

William

William
Our funds have Star Power. Explore our site and share your investment
ideas and real-life experiences. Find the Transamerica Premier Fund that's
right for you. Visit
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;529412;3450872;h?http://www.transamericafunds.
com/legal.html