Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2018 13:50:10 -0700
From:      "Chris H" <portmaster@BSDforge.com>
To:        "Joseph Ward" <jbwlists@hilltopgroup.com>
Cc:        "Mathieu Arnold" <mat@FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Any way to prevent do-extract chmod and chown?

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 00:05:59 +0200 "Mathieu Arnold" <mat@FreeBSD=2Eorg> said

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 01:43:41PM -0400, Joseph Ward wrote:
> > Thank you=2E=C2=A0 I found that to be the case; even though changing the
> > "do-extract" target successfully staged the files and directories with
> > the original permissions, pkg create seems to strip them out again
> > without the pkg-plist additions=2E
> >=20
> > Are you aware of an easy/already existing command to create the
> > pkg-plist with the user/group/permissions items for each file, or is
> > that a script I'm going to have to write manually?=C2=A0 I'm currently =
using
> > the makeplist target as there are no subsitutions or anything else that
> > would screw up the default scenario=2E
>=20
> I am not aware of anything=2E  But if you already have "stuff" creating a
> big hierarchy with many users and groups, it may be easier to adapt
> "stuff" to generate a pkg-plist file, or maybe to split your ports into
> smaller, more manageable bits=2E
>=20
> make makeplist will give you a correct listing of files and
> directories, but as everything runs as a regular user, it cannot be
> aware of the users/groups you intend on using in the plist=2E
make makeplist may be of help to you, as it would allow you to assign owner=
ship in
large chunks, thusly:

@a:b:c
this
that
=2E=2E=2E
theother
@d:f:e
somefile
=2E=2E=2E
another
bunch
of
files
@other:owner:group:perms
thesefiles
=2E=2E=2E
thosefiles

This all assumes that the files are grouped as you need them tho=2E :-)

HTH

--Chris