Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:14:02 +1000
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Buildworld only for "minimal" installs

Hi all,

Is it just me or do the binary distributions and source sub-components
not correspond?

For example on all my server build I always do a "Minimal" install
which I beleive consists of the "bin" and "crypto" binary
distributions. I usually add to that "manpages" and "ports". Now when I
do a buildworld I'd really like to keep my "Minimal" (+manpages and
ports) installation and not add any "new" binaries. So my question is
what cvsupfile/source sub-companents do I need to have. I currently
have:

src-base
src-bin
src-contrib
src-etc
src-gnu
src-include
src-kerberosIV
src-kerberos5
src-lib
src-libexec
src-release
src-sbin
src-share
src-sys
src-tools
src-usrbin
src-usrsbin
src-crypto
src-secure

Are there any of the above that are not neccessary for "Minimal"
installs?