Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:15:31 -0300
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Strange Reboot

Hi,
I was working on a different machine when my FreeBSD box (4.0 RELEASE)
spontaneously rebooted itself. The output of Last shows as follows:
( All users logged in at time( All Local vts.))
matt               ttyv4       Wed Oct 11 16:24 - crash (8+06:04)
There is also the entry:
reboot             ~            Thurs Oct 19 22:28

Is there anywhere else I should be looking?
If this is a onetime thing, it's not a major problem, and the box did bring
itself up okay (first boot on a rebuilt kernel), it just seemed odd, I was
watching the terminal, which was tailing an apache log file, and it just
went blank and rebooted. I wouldn't mind correcting the prob if I could. I
checked all of the usual sources first, i.e. power, overheating, etc. Also
on a side note, has anyone heard anything on the  status of the "broken" le
driver in FreeBSD 4.0, I assume it wasn't fixed in 4.1, the status page(
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=18641 ), hasn't updated, and I've
gotten no response from the author.
Thanks,
Matthew Rudderham