Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:02:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        rcamilo@cubarte.cult.cu (rcamilo)
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: From Cuba

> Hello
>
> I want to know if i can help to FreeBSD Project here in Cuba, i can help
> in enything you want, in translation and distribution, i can send my adreeses

The best thing to do is to start running FreeBSD - if you haven't already
done so, download and install a recent version, probably 4.10 and gain
experience in it.

Then, just start doing things.   There is a Spanish translation project
now.   Look at it and see what you can add and submit your additions
and corrections.  If it is appropriate to have a separate language
track for Cuban Spanish, then you have a big project ahead of you.

Go to:    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/index.html

Click on the Translation link near the bottom of the page and
then on the 'Spanish Documentation Project'  link in the list.
I think you will be surprised how much is done and get an idea
of what you can do.

In general, you can submit a PR to make additions or corrections
for documentation just as you can for program source code.

Good luck and welcome,

////jerry