Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:13:01 -0700
From:      TuxGirl <tuxgirl@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   run commands on boot/loading modules

Hi,

There are 3 commands I was having to run each time that I started up
my computer, and I'm trying to figure out the correct way to have them
run automatically.

kldload if_iwi
iwicontrol -i iwi- -d /usr/local/share/iwi-firmware -m bss
kldload snd_ich

I added these commands to the bottom of /etc/rc.conf, and they appear
to be working, but during boot, I see a lot of errors relating to
them.  (I haven't found the boot log yet, so I can't post them here,
but in essence, they were complaining that files existed, and i know
that it tried to load the modules at least twice...

So, I'm guessing that /etc/rc.conf isn't the right place to add these
3 lines.  I just want the commands to run once during the boot, and
probably sometime near the end of boot so that I don't have to worry
about them depending on something that's done earlier on (at least for
the wireless stuff).

Thanks again to everyone for all the help!

~Erin