Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2007 11:54:09 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Wojciech Puchar" <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: What server for a mail server

The problem with doing it this way is the all-eggs-in-one-basket issue.

When you spread out the load among multiple machines, it is a lot cheaper
to purchase machines, at least in the US.  And if there is a problem with
one of the processes it's usually easier to troubleshoot.

The rest of the advice is good - and of course, we could spend days on
a hardware discussion.

Ted