Date:      Tue, 09 Feb 1999 00:21:04 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
To:        FreeBSD-current <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Subject:   Re: [Call for Review] new ioctl for src/sys/pccard/*

Thank you for your comment.

Mike Smith wrote:
> But this diagram worries me.  Does this explicitly disallow physical
> removal without a preceeding virtual removal?

No.  This is for card such as:

  o Some cards go unstable when it is removed from slot with power on.
    But turning off the power of that card with this ioctl, this may
    be going to remove safety.

> Just to be clear, I have no objections to that approach, but it's
> something that we would want to make very clear if we're going to make
> this change.

I don't think my sentence is clear explanation.  Feel free to make more
questions about it.  I'll try to explain it.  Thanks.

--
Jun Kuriyama // kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
            // kuriyama@FreeBSD.ORG