Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2013 23:31:10 -0400
From:      Brett Wynkoop <freebsd-arm@wynn.com>
To:        Alie Tan <alie@afflemedialab.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Unable to build lang/perl5.14 on Raspberry Pi

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:07:48 +0800
Alie Tan <alie@afflemedialab.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone having issue building lang/perl5.14 on Raspberry Pi with stock
> gcc4.2.1?

root@fbsd-pi:~ # pkg info | grep perl | grep 5.14
perl-5.14.2_2                  Practical Extraction and Report Language
root@fbsd-pi:~ #
root@fbsd-pi:~ # gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: armv6-undermydesk-freebsd
Configured with: FreeBSD/armv6 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.1 20070831 patched [FreeBSD]
root@fbsd-pi:~ #

My system was last updated in March:

root@fbsd-pi:~ # uname -a
FreeBSD fbsd-pi 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Fri Mar  8
02:58:35 UTC 2013
root@fbsd-pi:/usr/src/sys/arm/compile/RPI-B-TMPFS  arm root@fbsd-pi:~ #

At that time I built the perl shown above.  Now I am in the sad
position of not being able to build world natively.  Things might be
different for me if I were running current and not March.

-Brett

--

wynkoop@wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

I would never invade the United States.  There would be a gun behind
every blade of grass.  --Isoroku Yamamoto