Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:35:22 -0500
From:      <bob@a1poweruser.com>
To:        <alfredoj69@gmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Router/Firewall?

This is covered in detail at
http://www.unixguide.net/freebsd/fbsd_installguide/index.php

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org]On Behalf Of Aperez
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:19 PM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Router/Firewall?

Hi:

I am trying to set up a router/firewall with Freebsd 5.3 this is my
information:

Winxp and Freebsd machine connected to Firewall machine using a hub

Firewall has two ethernet cards:  card1: dc0 connected to cable
internet
using DHCP
                                                 card 2: rl0 setup
use 192.168.1.1

I can connect to the internet from the firewall: ping -c 3
www.yahoo.con
successfull
I can ping from Firewall to the other two machines (WinXP and
FreeBSD)
I can ping from XP to FreeBsd and Firewall
I can pin from FreeBSD to XP and Firewall

Here is the problem: I cant connect to internet from neither XP nor
FreeBSD machine

Here is my rc.conf from the firewall machine:

gateway_enable="YES"
ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"
ifconfig_dc0="DHCP"
ifconfig_rl0="inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipmon_enable="YES"
ipmon_flags="-Dsvn"
ipnat_enable="YES"