Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 20:32:34 -0400
From:      Dylan Carlson <absinthe@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: linux: /dev/parport

Subject: linux: /dev/parport
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:55:13 -0400
From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@pobox.com>
To: freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG

First, thanks for the work on the linux_base ports, it's much appreciated.

Next, I am trying to connect a printer in vmware 2.0.4 (under linuxulator).
 I point vmware (known on bsd as /dev/lpt0) to /dev/parport0 to try to bridge
 windows printing in vmware over.

It doesn't find /dev/parport0.  When trying /dev/lpt0 it tries to use procfs,
and can't find /proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0/ ...

Wondering if there is a fix/workaround.

I have linux_base-7.1_1, FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE.