Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 1995 09:07:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        LAJOIE@yalph2.physics.yale.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BOCA AT Plus memory board

LAJOIE@yalph2.physics.yale.edu writes:

> I'm looking to add memory to my machine - I've got 8 SIMM sockets, all filled with
> 1Megx9 (60ns) - and I'd like to do it without losing the investment in the 1Meg
> SIMMS.  I've seen an expansion board by BOCA that claims DOS and OS/2
> compatability and sits on the ISA bus.  Would something like this be compatible
> with FreeBSD?  Does anyone know how these boards work, and are they a reasonable
> solution?  Thanks for the info...

What you're suggesting may make no sense because of how slow it
will be accessing that memory over the ISA bus.

That said, the Boca board will be very slow but probably will work. I
have a 386SX-16 with 2MB on the motherboard and 8MB on a BOCA board
out on the ISA bus running 1.1.5.  It is an old timer, having
run 386BSD from the very early days.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936