Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 18:21:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
To:        Don Morrison <dmorrisn@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yahoo!

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Don Morrison wrote:

>> >Why not asking Yahoo to put a little link, on the first page "Why Yahoo
>> >is so fast" or simply "FreeBSD"
>> >Am I asking the impossible or can we do that?
>>
>>    We've asked. Many times.
>
>Why not put the "Why Yahoo is so fast" on the www.freebsd.org web page?  A

I think we need to be very careful publicizing information that any
company, let alone one who supports us, may consider proprietary or
may not want generally known. At best, we risk angering a supporter.
At worst, we risk lawsuit.

If we don't have an explicit release, the information should be
considered proprietary and off limits.

-- Jay