Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:36:37 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/games

Duke Normandin wrote:

> Tried compiling the source in /usr/src/game as follows:
>
> cd /usr/src/game
> make
>
> I screwed up somehow, cuz I can't execute any of the games. gnuls shows
> "cribbage" e.g. in a color - limegreen ;( - that I would have thought
> would be an executable. ls -l shows it as executable, yet all that comes
> back is "command not found". I really don't give a s**t about the
> games -- I just have to learn to use "make" etc. Any ideas where/how I
> blew it?

You'll probably have to type "./cribbage" in the directory containing
the cribbage binary if you haven't installed them to a directory in
your PATH. If you do "make install" in /usr/src/games or one of its
subdirectories, they will be installed to /usr/games which you can then
add to your PATH.

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and