Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 18:45:22 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Th=E4rning_Peter=2C_Stockholm_konsult=22?= <peter.tharning@fortum.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Default gateway PPP

Dear FreeBSD.org;

I am actually using an own port of the FreeBSD (elderly version) in an =
embedded (16 bit) application.

This application communicates via http/tcp/ip/ppp (modem) only.

It has worked pretty well until I recently should make it connect via a =
GPRS modem.

I have tested this GPRS modem in Win98, and the difference in settings =
is that the checkbox "Use default gateway" _must_
be checked.

Now, I have twinkled IP addresses forward and backward in my own "clone" =
of FreeBSD but just can't get the ip packets out and back again.

The PPP link with all its protocols gets up fine, the addresses is =
negotiated via ipcp etc., but when it comes to the first udp dns =
request, the packet
is just sent out there with no return. (And as written above, this =
worked ok until the demand of using the default gw come up...)

(Ps. I know that the checkbox "Use def..." in Win98 adds a new line in =
the routing table. But in my own "clone", I have no route table, I just =
do=20
point to point communication through PPP, and don't know what's wrong. =
Ds.)

Do You have some small hint what could be the issue here?

Best regards, Peter Tharning