Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 11:59:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: OpenSSL 0.9.5a merge

> I feel obliged to mention that one or two people had complained of weird
> problems using apache+modssl where netscape refused to authenticate to a
> server running -current (but IE worked fine) - but try as I might I could
> never replicate these problems on multiple machines, nor could I analyse a
> fault from the information they provided to me. In the end, the number of
> people who are successfully using SSL in -current, and the number of other
> people who need 0.9.5a, convinced me to do the merge.

It is actually quite interesting, I was one of those who complained that
apache+modssl was not working with OpenSSL from 4.0-RELEASE. Upgrading to
4.1-RELEASE *fixed* the problems. I looked at the diffs between OpenSSL in 4.0
and 4.1 and they were minimal and absolutely irrelevant to the problems I was
experiencing. That's *WEIRD*.

Blaz Zupan,  Medinet d.o.o, Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: blaz@amis.net, Tel: +386-2-320-6320, Fax: +386-2-320-6325