Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 18:32:31 -0500
From:      David Loszewski <stealth215@attbi.com>
To:        wolf <mjoyner2@hq.dyns.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: authentication server with group permissions?

basically what we are trying to accomplish is that I'm in an office with
may employees.
Say we have 5 different servers, and I have files on the servers that I
want all the employees in a specific group have read access to those
files, or write access depending on permissions for that group.  So when
an employee logs into a server I want it to go to some internal
authentication server and tell the server that it's k for that person to
access that file.  I want to do this without copying to passwd file to
each server.

Dave