Date:      	13 May 1996 12:40:35 GMT
From:      huberre@informatik.tu-muenchen.de (Reinhold Josef Huber)
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mtools don't write on diskette

Hi there!

I've compiled mtools from source on my FreeBSD 2.1.0. It all worked fine
until I wanted to write on disk, i keep getting the message /dev/fd0 timeout.
The reason are not the rights of the device, i controlled that.
The drive isn't the reason, cause when I mount the floppy , i can write on it.

Does anybody of you know the reason for this behavior, a solution, or whether
the binary backage has the same problem?

I'd prefer a source solution, cause I want the mdir command show the free
space even if the disk is empty.

Greetings,

Reinhold Huber