Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:20:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      <andrew@ugh.net.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: ports/25717: Update to xforms port

The following reply was made to PR ports/25717; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: <andrew@ugh.net.au>
To: Mike Heffner <mheffner@vt.edu>
Cc: <gena@NetVision.net.il>, <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:18:17 +1000 (EST)

 On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Mike Heffner wrote:

 > Xforms has been downgraded from 0.89 -> 0.88 because .89 is very buggy. Is
 > there a specific feature of .89 that is needed?

 I was trying to get away without installing the compat3x distribution.
 0.89 was built under 4.x apparently. Its not tragic (and infact I have
 installed compat3x now) but I thought since I had upgraded the port I may
 as well submit it. Some of the changes could be made to the 0.88 port even
 without upgrading it...I think it cp's a man page instead of linking it
 and it doesn't respect the CC variable etc

 Thanks,

 Andrew