Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:11:02 -0500
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [call for helpers!] Tuning for the Beaver Challenge

This might also be an opportune time to test the benefits of compilers
other than gcc, such as Intel's reputedly super-optimised-vs-gcc C/C++
compiler (lang/icc).

I've not tried icc or any of the other non-gcc compilers and I'm not
suggesting it will help, or even what one might try to compile, but maybe
some others can offer their experiences?

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |