Date:      Wed, 28 May 2003 22:02:21 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        Eriq Lamar <eqe@cox.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need to know if there will be support ie. drivers for tekram ultra 4 wide scsi

Eriq Lamar <eqe@cox.net> writes:

> I'm building another server and must decide on scsi card the tekram looks very
> promising to me but need to know if it will be supported or not in 4.8 or
> 5.1. server will be used of mysql / apache. any info or suggestions as to
> scsi cards would be great. thx in advance.

Well, my Tekram DC-390U (Symbios 53C875 chip) works with 4.8 and is
supported AFAICT. My 5.1 machine doesn't have such hardware (it has an
aic7880-based adaptor instead), but check
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/hardware-i386.html#AEN33 this lists
what FreeBSD 5.0 has supported.

--
Matthias Andree