Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:55:30 +1000
From:      "Scott Penno" <scott.penno@gennex.com.au>
To:        "Gerhard Sittig" <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dell Inspiron 2600. need help installing

When booting with a GENERIC kernel, the laptop locks up after displaying
the following line:

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x8086, dev=0x2445) at 31.5 irq 5

After disabling/removal of eisa from the GENERIC kernel all is well and
the device probing continues without a hitch.  The next line to be
displayed after the pci0 line above is:

orm0: <Option ROMs> at iomem
0xc0000-0xcbfff,0xd0000-0xd3fff,0xd4000-0xd7fff on isa0

Scott.