Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:14:26 +0800 (SGT)
From:      chas <panda@peace.com.my>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

I apologise if I have missed it, but does anybody have a
compendium of all of the arguments "for" FreeBSD especially with
semi-objective comparisons with the other OS's ? I've been using
FBSD for a nearly 18 months and this thread is the first time
that I've heard of some of FBSD's technical strengths (I had
even been led to believe that Linux was the more efficient/powerful
OS but I chose FBSD for its single distribution).

Yes, there is the "features" section of the freebsd.org website
but it's not very hard sell - I've come to the conclusion that the
"large team of individuals" and FBSD are one of the  most humble
on the Web. (which is good and, as somebody has mentioned, gives
you an air of maturity far from the religious clamourings of the
linux group ... but don't be afraid to blow your own trumpet -
you deserve it !).

One of FreeBSD's strength is the "One single distribution*" as
somebody (sorry, I forget) so wisely said. Bring this and other
facts clearly to the fore.  Play to your strengths.

Just my 2 cents (and I hope I haven't spoken out of line). Keep up
the fantastic work !

Chas

*This also explains part of the reason the Linux groups are so loud...
 Caldera / RedHat etc are fighting for a piece of the linux pie.
 That is probably why they initially put more effort into marketing.