Date:      Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:47:15 -0400
From:      Bob Perry <rperry4@earthlink.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Are Autoconf253 and Automake15 Deprecated?

Hi,
I CVSup's my system (FreeBSD 4.9-p2 #0) early this morning and found
the following in /usr/ports/CHANGES:

20040803:
AUTHOR: ade@FreeBSD.org
  As part of the ongoing autotools cleanup, devel/autoconf has been
  replaced with devel/autoconf253, and devel/automake with devel/automake15.
  Consumers of the various autotools knobs from bsd.autotools.mk should not
  notice any differences.  This update completes the transition of autotools
  to true versioned packages (cf: tcl/tk)

I just updated my watchlist in FreshPorts and it indicates that
autoconf253 is
deprecated and should be replaced with /devel/autoconf259.  Similarly,
automake15 should be replaced with devel/automake18.  Is FreshPorts more
current?  If so, will the following correctly upgrade my system:

portupgrade -rfo /devel/automake automake
portupgrade -rfo /devel/autoconf autoconf

Thanks for your assistance.
Bob Perry

--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0