Date:      Wed, 4 May 2005 15:27:23 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        n0oct@sbcglobal.net
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount_smbfs

n0oct@sbcglobal.net wrote this message on Wed, May 04, 2005 at 14:45 -0500:
> Some time ago I asked the silly question: 'does mount_smbfs work on
> sparc64?'.  The simple answer is 'no.'  The 'make' fails with
>
>  #error "Macros for Big-Endians are incomplete"
>
> which, to my limited knowledge, says that it ain't gonna compile on a
> system like a sparc64.
>
>  However, I have been doing some digging at work, and lo and behold, Mac
> OSX has a 'mount_smbfs' command, which leads me to ask this question:
> is the Big-endian/Little-endian thing different between Mac PowerPC
> processors [G5]  and sparc64?  If not, is there a way I can beat on the

Nope...  big-endian is big-endian, be it sparc64, arm, powerpc or any
other...

> code to make mount_smbfs compile for sparc64?  IANAP by any stretch of
> the imagination, but if someone is willing to guide me, I can certainly
> try.  Thanks.

Very likely if the code base is the same...  You probably just need to
look around the #error for the defines, and see what MacOSX has added...

Probably just need to copy the #define lines between the #else and #endif
(or #if and #else)...

Good luck...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579